· The duties of the financial/church secretary shall include the following:
· Assist church staff in carrying out the ministry of the church by performing organizational and support helps.
· To receive the empty collection envelopes, after the money has been removed and counted by the proper persons selected for this responsibility; and shall keep the financial records for each individual from these envelopes. Copies of the records of each contributor shall be kept on file for a minimum of three years and copies made available to the contributor at the end of the year.
· The financial/church secretary, working with the treasurer will receive, preserve, and pay out, according to the adopted church budget, all funds of things of value, paid or given to the church, keeping at all times an itemized account of all receipts and disbursements. No items shall be paid that exceed the budgeted allocation without church action. The treasurer and financial secretary shall work out the procedures necessary to perform these duties.
· Count and deposit the plate offering from Sunday services.
· Prepare the monthly financial report which is presented by the church treasurer at the monthly business meetings.
· Order Sunday School literature and place it in the various Sunday School rooms each quarter.
· Maintain postage with the Post Office for the newsletter and postage meter.
· Answer the telephone.
· Perform normal secretarial duties (typing, mailing, etc.)
· Be responsible for church publications, such as monthly calendar (Link), Mid-Week Notes, Sunday bulletins, church notices, posters, etc.
· Prepare bulletin boards in church halls, decorating or publicizing events and activities.
· Make sure nursery is available during all church activities and events.
· Call local hospital and Abilene hospitals, getting up-to-date information on church members as patients for visitation by church staff and make information available to church.
· Order and maintain all necessary supplies as needed by office, kitchen, nursery and maintenance.
· Coordinate church calendar with upcoming confirmed events and activities. Set up appointments, such as using fellowship hall, planned weddings, receptions, teas, use of bus, items borrowed, etc.
· Notify committees of any deaths in church family so that meal can be prepared or other needs met.
· Run errands as necessary to fulfill the duties of the Financial/Church Secretary.